A lady that became a friend, that I had a thing for when we worked together invited me to her party.
What is funny is, how my pal Josh liked her as well. I called dibs on her and he gave me a time line. It didn't work out for either us as she was messed up from some former boyfriend.
Recently I saw her a month ago. My other pal I was hanging with that night, kind of hit on her and well she was needless to say not enlightened by his advances, we later talked about our lack of personal lives, made fun of the pal that was hitting on her and had an all right drive home.
I'm not in London and I really don't want to go to a party where I only know one person.
In my rejection, to her invite I thought it would be funny to post the following message seen in my screen grab.
I have a new favourite Postal Service's song, I loved Such Great Heights, as I can sing it with ease either the original version or the slow mellow Iron & Wine interpretation. Plus it is a positive song and I like being positive.
Back to my new [even though it is not a new song] Postal Service song. It's called Brand New Colony. The lyrics are nice, real nice, I definitely wished I co-wrote the song. Here is an acoustic solo version by Ben Gibbard that is superior to his Postal Service version.
http://www.fileden.com/getfile.php?file_path=http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/8/20/2549762/04%20Brand%20New%20Colony.mp3
I definitely wanted to be this once, and it wasn't with the girl that was mentioned above...
I'll be the grapes fermented
Bottled and served with the table set
In my finest suit, like a perfect gentleman
I'll be the fire escape
That's bolted to the ancient brick
Where you will sit and contemplate your day
I'll be the waterwings
That save you if you start drowning
In an open tab when your judgement's on the brink
I'll be the phonograph
That plays your favorite albums back
As you're lying there, drifting off to sleep
I'll be the platform shoes
And undo what heredity's done to you
You won't have to strain to look into my eyes
I'll be your winter coat
Buttoned and zipped straight to the throat
With the collar up so you won't catch cold
I want to take you far
From the cynics in this town
And kiss you on the mouth
We'll cut our bodies free
From the tethers of this scene
Start a brand new colony
Where everything will change
We'll give ourselves new names
(Identities erased)
The sun will heat the ground
Under our bare feet
In this brand new colony
Everything will change, ooo...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment