"They're certainly entitled to think that, & they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but, before I can live with other folks, I've got to live with myself. The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."
On Saturday, I found a lady's wallet.
I just remembered tonight and decided to facebook her.
She was needless to say happy.
I told her I could meet her at Second Cup on Lakeshore (I sometimes do school work there).
Apparently, she goes to school in Brantford. Her boyfriend came tonight, and picked it up he was grateful and I was like it's all cool, nothing to worry about. I write stuff off like this you see.
I would expect someone to the same thing if I lost my wallet.
However, this wasn't the case when I lost my iPhone. Some asshole in the GTA has my iPhone.
My cell battery was low. I have a ghetto cellphone that only I use for texting. Conversations have to be on speaker phone as the top headset doesn't work or something.
I had to make a call to someone and I got two texts afterwards, saying her boyfriend came back to offer me some money or something. I would not have accept such an offer, as I am not that type of person.
When I wake up tomorrow, I will text her back saying it's all cool or something along those lines.
On a previous blog I uploaded on this site before "the great purge," I wrote about some Good Samaritan thing I previously had done. I didn't do it to be just a Good Samaritan, I knew that it was the right thing to do. I guess you can say I have a conscience and know what is right and just.
I am not a saint.
I am not a troglodyte, either.
In my humble opinion, I feel like I did a good job raising myself and picking the right role models in the absence of a figure. That doesn't bug me in the least not having that figure past 15. I think it actually benefited me.
"Nowhere have I seen such Lions led by such Lambs." What are you? I know what, I am.
Good man.
ReplyDeleteI used to work at the second cup on Lakeshore. That is, Toronto Lakeshore.
Oh word, that's cool.
ReplyDeleteI meant school work, though.
I would burn myself and people if I worked at a coffee shop.
Yeah, that's pretty much what happened with that. I'm bad at customer service, or something.
ReplyDeleteIt's all cool.
ReplyDeleteI could see you as a bartender, with your rad hair.
Being a bartender I don't think requires great customer service.
I think I would be a bad ass one, if some place hires me.