Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Those Germans are bothering me!

Tonight I got some Orange Juice, Apple Juice, Key Limes (I love them) and some Shrimp thing at the grocery store.

Migrant workers came by the bus load to apparently this Sobey's Grocery Store. I didn't have a problem with this. There was a long wait in the three line-ups.

A sixty year old women came up from behind and asked me if there was an express line-up, I told her obviously not look. She proceeded to ask the 50 year old woman who was on the cashier and the answer was not to her liking. She proceeded to put back the goods she was going to purchase.

The next individual from behind was a stinky smoker. Man they smell. This guy was growing rather impatient.

He then opened his mouth when the last migrant worker, getting in an argument with the lady at the register about a lack of express line. The bickering continued, the lady cashier saying she was training, the thick German accented man stating: that the Chinese cashier was going way faster and that this lady could not do her job. She retorted back well go to another line if I am so slow, he used the I am a paying customer line. The migrant worker in the meanwhile raised his eyebrows at this exchange.

I definitely agreed with his feeling of shock. The two people in front of me a lady and some dude exchange a little conversation with me about how it doesn't bother them, the amount of time they are waiting.

As I proceeded to put my items on the conveyor belt, the annoying cigarette man was about to mouth off again to the cashier. He proceeded to ask her a question about the lack of express line up. The lady proceeded to tell him they don't have one at night. The answer was satisfactory to him and he continued. I was waiting for my 75 cents in change as the verbal exchange continued.

To my delight a person behind la smelly cigarette man, spoke up for the lady: stating she is working hard and why doesn't he leave her alone and back off. I was impressed. However, I had already pleaded neutrality in their first exchange of words. If this woman engaged before and could stick up for herself.

Mind you, his insults on her about being a horrible cashier was not nice. However, she could have retorted about his horrible hygiene.

The one thing I was not neutral on and my ears were perked like a dog, was when the migrant workers were in line. I was waiting for one ignorant son of a bitch to make a racial comment. Luckily they did not or then this sleeping giant would have rouse to action.

The impatience of people baffled me. How one line up could turn someone to rage was weird in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment