Monday, 10 May 2010

Rejection without the state of dejection


I used to really hate rejection and I would take it personal.

After, something last year I've turn to stone, enter Joe Walsh here.

I called Paulina at 2000 tonight. I had a civil war brewing inside me leading up to 2000. I made the call, two rings all it took. I was going to sing the awkward song during dialing: "This is awkward, ring a ling ding so very awkward, you're not picking up how awkward..."

Well she picked up and I really enjoyed her Scottish accent. It was instant boner.

Gave her the brief bio of who I was and if she wanted to hang out this week. She said: "Lad I'm busy with exams and schoolwork this week, I'll give you a ring, after I'm done, so we can go for some haggis and chips."

Then what followed was the awkward goodbye, talk to you later.

My prediction is there will not be a later. I'll keep the number in my cellular device though.

I ascribe to the policy of its not going to happen and if it does awesome.

All I can say is I tried.

4 comments:

  1. Bravo! Trying is most of the battle. Most people never try. I'm notorious for not trying, so I tip my hat to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job making the first move. I snagged the first love of my life by walking up to him in the hallway at school (highschool-picture a little, twiggy menace), and announcing:
    'you're hot, I'm hot'
    then proceeded to turn bright red, giggle, and turn around before finishing.
    Not sure how it ended as well as it did, but sometimes it's worth it to put in the first move-even if, as in my case-you look like an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you might find, you get what you need” - Stones

    I say fuck it, let's get a soda! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Private Ryan, that would work on me.

    I found her accent to be hilarious, glad I didn't burst out laughing on the phone.

    It felt like I was going to place a fish and chips order.

    ReplyDelete