Wednesday, 19 May 2010

Classic Blog Moments! #5

Do you remember when you were able to post an erotic services ad on Craigslist? Maybe, during the month of May, 2009? The sensual time for users of that service was coming to an implosion.

The Pope at the time named Pope Benedict XVI related to the Palestinian frustration of a lack of homeland.

Star Trek fans were having orgasms to the reboot of its series.

And on May 15th a classic band that you might not remember named Green Day released 21st Century Breakdown.

Those were the days my friends.

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I will find a way

Today I picked up my sunnies, I ordered them Monday. As they were from last year and well are hard to find, Gucci 1559s that is. The lady behind the counter said, "Don't you want to try them on?" and I said "No thanks, I'm not that vain." She continued, "Well we might need to make adjustments." I proceeded to put them on briefly and thank her.

My journey up Pearl Street was not the typical strut and stroll. I approached the Poacher and crazy woman in her Toyota RAV pulls in. She clearly saw me walking on the sidewalk before, so she proceeds to stop and starts to go in reverse. Surely she knows I am behind her car now, negative. I hear the wheels screeched to a stop, oh there you go. I didn't say anything or even flinch. Maybe it was because I just didn't care. It would have been so easy to call this woman an asshole. She obviously was having a bad day. However, hitting me with her SUV wouldn't have made her day any better or my day.

This brings me to one of my internet tough guy pet peeves. What is with people, when you're wearing sunglasses, that they want to try them on? It's the most annoying thing in the world. If you're seeing a lady and she is more than a friend I could understand in those circumstances, it's kind of cool. But, with friends wanting to try them on it's like please sir / dame fornicate off.

4 comments:

  1. Greenday's anticipated album that sounded like a continuation of their last anticipated album.

    I never thought about the whole sunglasses' thing you mentioned, but you are absolutely right. People DO always want to try them on. I would probably hate it more if I actually owned a pair of expensive ones though.

    What I hate more than that - people who wear their sunglasses indoors. Drives me bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy shit! You remember this Green Day band as well? I thought I was the only one.

    Sunglasses at night is worse than indoors.

    Another bad case is when the person is wearing sunglasses and they look attractive and they take them off and it is like: Oh Jesus the Carpenter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! Sunglasses at night! I completely forgot about that one.

    lol @ unattractiveness - 'tis a disappointment! I find the same thing with guys and hats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only wear a head band.

    Not a fan of hats.

    ReplyDelete