Kelly Jones' Mistakes(1) Being conceived.
(2) She purchased a pair of feline friends, eight years ago. It sounded like a good plan buying two meow meow friends, maybe she was lonely and needed some pals on poker night. Regardless, she probably did not ask herself, can I take care of these feline friends for their entire life cycle? Clearly, this self-reflection did not happen!
(3) Posting on facebook: How you're an irresponsible pet owner.
(4) There is no mention of where you're moving and why you can't take your now "problem" pets. Maybe you should have had your little self-reflection in step one. Can I take care of these animals until they leave this earth?
(5) Her facebook statement, I've taken the time to rewrite it below for you. Feel free to utilize it if you by chance read my blog. Likely, I will be down one reader, which is a sham.
Hi Everyone - I'm an irresponsible asshole. I need your help with a problem I have. I'm moving apparently to the moon and can't bring my cats with me :( <-- This sad emoticon is suppose to symbolize how sad I am, but really I am a bag of fecal matter. There are two of these unwanted animals and they're eight year old brothers. They've been fixed and are so awesome that I can't take responsibility for them anymore. I would bring them if I could, which is clearly bullshit, I just don't want to be burdened with them anymore. If you want to take them in or know anyone who might please send me a message, if not they will be making a one night stop at the local Animal Shelter. Send me a message if you can help me with my poor decision making skills and irresponsible behaviour. - Thank youI might be described as a misanthrope. I can firmly say that in this case that I peremptorily am.
I firmly believe the way you treat your pet is a reflection of how you are as a person. This Kelly Jones lady does not deserve another animal for the rest of her life and maybe, just maybe she can't conceive either. I would hate for her to adopt as well, "Hi Everyone I need your help, I'm moving and can't bring my adopted child with me..."
Pets should not be treated like disposable material goods. I personally don't care if you disagree, because I have the moral high ground here. Oh I just said that and I know it. There is many things I question in life, but, one thing I know that is never questionable is my morality. It will never waiver. You either have it or not.
It is tragic that pets are treated like this. Unfortunately, assholes like Kelly Jones are widespread in this world and they will continue treating animals like shit. People like her is what I call trash.
If you cannot take care of a pet, how in hell can you raise a child?
Hah! this is true...pets should come with contracts.
ReplyDeleteWell I don't think you should judge unless you know where she's going. She might have a legitimate reason. Plus, her statement sounds like she cares about her cats and isn't willing to give them to just anyone. No one can see 8 years into the future, she just might not have foreseen this.
ReplyDeleteA lot of people don't take pet ownership seriously and that sucks, but it's not like having an adopted baby at all. The laws aren't the same. When you are looking for an apartment you would never see "no babies allowed" or "allergy to babies in the building"
give her credit for not leaving them in a box somewhere.
I know that the rules for adoption are clearly not the same. I'm just saying if you can't take care of a pet how in the hell can you take care of a child.
ReplyDeleteThere might not be a no pets thing, but, one can clearly find a different establishment to live in.
The thing is to realize a pet is a life long responsibility. Don't buy a pet if you can't take care of it.
I believe her situation is that she is moving to British Columbia.
Ahh, I've been away from the computer and wanting to see your posts.
ReplyDeleteThank you, as always, for reinforcing my misanthropy.