I was reading a letter to the editor and in the paper some individual was complaining about the police force enforcing speeding on the 407 (which is a pay / toll private freeway in Ontario) and they were ticked off about the lack of police on the 401. I thought wow really? If you don't like people speeding don't impede traffic, asshole. That usually means going really slow in the overtaking lane.
When I drive 88 mph on the 401, I don't weave in and out or drive like king dick.
The best part of my drive is there is rarely speed traps on the 401 and you know where they will be. Typically they are under bridges and when the road widens in Cambridge, just before Waterloo.
Anyways, I think speeding is such a minor issue on freeways and a waste of resources.
Thursday, 15 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't notice a lot of speeding on the 401, but that could be because I'm never on it.
ReplyDeleteWhat I do hate though, are those people who for some reason ignore all the signs leading up to their turn off and then at the last minute cut across 4 lanes of traffic, nearly causing a mass car pile up and killing everyone around them, just to make their turn.
Those people give me a heart attack.
Yeah that is insane. I don't understand why people do that.
ReplyDeleteWhy can't they just wait until the next exit and get off then travel back to where they were supposed to exit?