Fashion! Turn to the left
Fashion! Turn to the right
Oooh, fashion!
We are the goon squad and we're coming to town
Beep-beep
Beep-beep
- David Bowie
Today an older women complimented my t-shirt. I took this as she wanted to have relations with me. Who knows if that is the case! I would not have accepted though, she was not the old good looking kind.
I thought I would not act like a total socialist and mention some capitalist products that are my fashioned prerogative.
(1) Worn Free http://www.wornfree.com
I fell for these comfortable rock n' roll inspired t-shirts back in 2006. I had some store credit at Opa! at Oakville Place and I saw two John Lennon replicated t-shirts here. I have been a fan of this product since.
I have not noticed anyone when I am in Toronto or the Greater Toronto Area wearing these shirts.
If I ever see a lady in one of these shirts, I seriously will have a major boner for her and that will be a true story!
(2) Pnut Jewelry
http://pnutjewelry.com
Rusty Pistachio makes some amazing custom jewelery.
I have received unsuspecting compliments from random men and women that ask me where I got my necklace from and how much it cost.
When I was working at a pub, I would go to Tim Horton's and this older flamboyant dude would always say to me you've got a nice necklace Sir. I didn't correct him with calling me a Sir though. I personally don't like that term Sir. The word sir is asinine, in my opinion.
I don't know if a lot of people are aware of Pnut Jewelry. They should be as it is amazing. I love my five star necklace. I took a liking to this necklace, before I decided to purchase it reminded me of one of my heroes Five-Star General Douglas MacArthur.
(3) Ben Sherman
http://www.bensherman.com/
I really like the mod style. These products remind me of fashion from the 60s. The first shirt I bought of the Ben Sherman brand was in 2007. It was a black snap button shirt. I wore it when I attended His Holiness the Dalai Lama's press conference as a Journalist / Photographer at the Royal York Hotel.
There is a sale going on right now from April 8th - April 13th for 25% off, you can enter the code MATESRATE25 to receive this discount. I believe it is right after you decided to check out your items you intend to purchase.
The only drawl back of Ben Sherman products is that some kid in China makes them. I like fair wages to be honest and non-sweatshop products. I make an exception with this.
(4) True Religion
http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com/
There is this hipster store on Yonge Street called Urban Outfitters. Once time the store didn't lick entire balls. I used to like this place. It was great when it was a one level store and they sold some products I like. When I go in it now, it is kind of too big and the men's section usually has nothing of interest. They used to carry True Religion blue jeans back in the day. It was as I recall when it was a two-story store. The one story store I got my Union Jack wallet, that a fellow journalist cool (not being sarcastic here) boyfriend did not like at a party that I attended in the summer of a hipster name Chris Bow.
Anyhow, the first pair of True Religion Jeans I bought were the flare styled known as Joey. They came in a size that was actually my ideal waist and length being the rare 33 / 33.
The jeans are on the pricey side. I had some dumb blonde bartender that used to be co-worker comment on my jeans. I don't take them as a status symbol either. I like the comfort factor.
I remember going to the overpriced Over The Rainbow and buying another Joey pair that didn't have the fashioned rips in them and asked for a 33 /33. The retail dude looked at me like I just took a shit in the store and said they did not make that size ever, I insisted that yeah they did. I settled for a 32/34.
I currently have three pairs: Bobby, Billy and Joey.
What I liked about them was they did come in a 33 / 33 once. My Billy is the last 33 / 33 I have. Additionally, the jeans are Made In The USA, so the workers are at least getting a fair wage and working conditions.
Shame on them for not making 33 / 33 jeans anymore.
(5) American Apparel
http://www.americanapparelstore.com/
All my underwear I wear are from this company. I find they have comfortable sweatshirts and t-shirts as well.
The big thing about these guys is the founder is Canadian and the company pays their workers fair wages and it is Made in the USA, so again you get the non-sweat shop environment.
I do like their Acid Wash Jersey Deep V-Neck Short Sleeve Summer T-Shirts . Luckily I do not have a hair Silverback Mountain Gorilla
chest hair. I believe I have maybe 10 chest hairs at best estimate.
My mother for some reason calls the deep neck shirts my homosexual shirts. I do not understand how they make you like men or how they are homosexual.
(6) Blood & Glitter
http://www.bloodandglitter.com/
It was 2006 and I decided to go see Guns N' Roses at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City.
I spent a total of three days in the New York with my fellow concert colleague. They decided to go back to the Philadelphia Hotel right across from Madison Square Garden. I decided to go check out Urban Outfitters in its American context.
I can't remember the exact location, maybe if I go to the website and look at the stores I will remember. However, it is the closest store off of Broadway.
Anyhow, I bought a pair of jeans from Urban Outfitters that were of this product.
I dig them and they still fit great and aren't torn to shreds at the bottom.
They apparently have a line of David Bowie t-shirts available, that were sold at Holt Renfrew.
The clothing I believe is made in the United Kingdom, so again workers are paid proper wages and not treated like cattle.
These are some of the products I endorse. I feel every company mentioned makes a good product and I have been a returning customer to each, because of the quality and comfort of their product.
The only problem I have is with True Religion and not making 33 / 33 jeans anymore, I think that is utter bullshit.
You will never see me in a skinny jeans. I like my balls being able to move and not having my crotch tight as hell. Additionally, one cannot go commando and be comfortable in skinny jeans. For the record, I sometimes do go commando.
If anyone has any recommendations on who might make jeans that size feel free to comment.
A question for my readers is what products do you endorse? Feel free to comment or not comment!
Haha your mom calls your aa deep v's homosexual shirts, that is awesome. whenever i am wearing one of my 7 deep-v's my mom tells me to put my tits away.
ReplyDeleteHahaha
ReplyDeleteWell, the boyfriend must like you wearing the shirt at least.
Yeah I really love it, so comfy of a shirt!