Friday, 16 April 2010

'Tis called manners milady!

I have never understood people that eat food at the counter of a coffee joint, fast food establishment, or grocery store.

It baffles my mind.

The other day my V8 engine needed a cup of joe, so I went to the local coffee establishment.


She had just bought her son some timbits and the little bastard was on cloud nine eating them out of sight at a table. Now she was waiting for her coffee and son's beverage when she did a faux pas in my mind. After, paying the service attendant she began to chow down on her donut at the counter, while waiting for le beverages.

As I stood there I thought really? You are so hungry that you need to eat at the counter while you smack that donut down your future turkey neck. I mean at least close your mouth when you're chewing your food lady.

I thought to myself in countries where people are starving and receive aid supplies, they probably have way better manners than this imbecile. And even if they didn't they're starving to death, so they kind of deserve a break. (Notice how I didn't use third world or developing world there!)

Food counter eaters has happened a lot and usually goes unnoticed by me. I thought I would write a small little ethnography about this culture.

2 comments:

  1. I have never witnessed anyone doing that. But it's gross.
    Maybe people are more civilised here.. ;P Or maybe I've just been lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky kiwis! Oh snap I dig the use of the civilised with an s. I get too annoyed with the dictionary shindig and in Canada we use American / British spelling of words.

    I do love the spelling of connexion though, so much better than connection.

    ReplyDelete