Friday, 2 April 2010

I remember that you said goodbye

It ended terribly.

When she would respond to a text / email / phone call, she gave me this weird feeling I never experienced before. It was of elation and skepticism.

One night, I randomly emailed her after six months of no communication. There was no expectation on my part that she would respond.

Then one night I checked my email and her name appeared in my inbox. I didn't have that feeling of elation and skepticism anymore. Those feelings she made me feel were gone.

I did like her response though. I appreciated the apology.

I sat at the keyboard pondering a response. In my reply, I added an element of comedy. There was no elements that I still had feelings for her; present in the response.

I do hope she is all right.

The good thing about the exchange, is if we randomly ever see each other, it won't be out of this world awkward.

I wonder if we could ever be friends?

2 comments:

  1. This is sad.
    (your cue to respond, 'thank you-Captain Obvious')

    No but really. This hits so close to home, it made my heart hurt a little.

    I like the way you write. It's simple and to the point while managing to capture an exact moment without an overabundance of adjectives.

    I'm glad the emails got easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually going to have a video of Quequ'un M'a Dit by Carla Bruni played here, but, that song I believe states that the one individual still loves the person and that isn't the case.

    Sorry to hear about your heart hurting.

    Thank god for the music of The Beach Boys, Paul Simon, Death Cab For Cutie, Frightened Rabbit, and Neil Young.

    Thank you for the compliment on my writing. I should edit more, sometimes I spot errors and I am like uh, I should have seen that.

    I will now laugh whenever I watch Saving Private Ryan because of you haha :)

    ReplyDelete