It was brought to my attention I was taking something personal tonight, when in fact I wasn't.
So I will list three cases of things I took personal.
(1) I once locked three of my friends in a tool shed as a joke. I was invited to some guy Paul's party. There was a pad lock on the shed. One would think if a lock was on the shed the tenants would know where the key was? Needless to say one of my friends on the outside whom would be a candidate to do this type of behaviour, went and interrupted this band's house party performance to get a key. Had they done it, they would have been seen as hilarious. The result was some people who shouldn't have been mad were pissed at me for my apparently offensive prank. Needless to say, I was excluded from subsequent Paul parties and other events due to this. I did apologize for said prank.
(2) A former friend named Chris and I used to be close. However, when I took journalism I was more focused on my studies and subsequent friendships I made at school. I asked him one summer maybe it was 2008, if he knew of anyone hiring security wise. As I just graduated and was unemployed. He never got back and I subsequently deleted him off my facebook and haven't talken to him in years minus some events where we were mutually at. Prior to this guy's mother's funeral he mentioned to me while walking back to his house that he was sorry we have fallen out of touch. I said it was all cool and basically it was on his end if he wanted to reconnect.
(3) I used to be some what close friends with this one guy let's name him Gilmour. I had known him since grade nine due to some organization we were apart of. I noticed on facebook he got engaged and yeah people do that so that is cool. Eventually he got married and well I wasn't invited to that wedding, not that I would accept, as wedding's are lame in my book. Although, getting an invite is a nice gesture. It was surprising when subsequent facebook photos showed up on my feed that a guy we both know and is less close to him than I was, got an invite and I did not. I don't consider that person even an acquaintance anymore, more of someone I used to know.
Am I bitter at all? No. It is what it is. Those are some things I have taken personal. With time though you just get over that shit and you write those people off as fair-weathered friends (at the time).
Sunday, 21 October 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment