Well I have been trying to write a lot more lately.
I talk to an awesome individual and they gave me a leg up on this event.
At first I was going to just take some photos and that would be it.
I stayed a little longer to listen to what he had to say and take in the event.
When I got home, I made a little write up on email and sent it to myself.
October 5th 2012
Justin Trudeau waited at the front entrance of the convention hall, as he was being introduced. He smiled and acknowledge some on lookers, as they clustered claustrophobically around the narrow pathway leading to the podium.
A gathering of Grits, whose party had been decimated by the lack of leadership from their former chief: Michael Ignatieff, all of a sudden had a spring in its stride.
The room was packed full of diverse individuals young and old. Favouring the youthful generation.
A bunch of younger supporters had Justin.ca t-shirts on.
He came charging into the room with K'naan's: "Wavin' The Flag."
In fact, an old lady claimed I was in her way when I wasn't, as I scoped out the door way before she was there.
In fact, an old lady claimed I was in her way when I wasn't, as I scoped out the door way before she was there.
Trudeau's speech brought cheers to the warm room.
It dealt with multiculturalism and how the city of Mississauga is very diverse like Canada. He stressed the point that it wasn't the Liberal Party of Canada that built our nation, it was Canada that built the Liberal Party and the numerous successes it incurred.
One point that brought the crowd to their feet with an enormous roar of cheering was Mr. Trudeau's reference of the Liberal Party being responsible for bringing the Constitution back to Canada from overseas.
Justin Trudeau also stressed the importance of the supporters sticking with him, when the media dims it light on him and no longer is covering his campaign.
Having had enough photography shots and sweating galore in a humid room, I decided to head back home and avoid the traffic jams that would occur when the Mississauga celebrations ended.
Random note: C list Canadian celebrity: Mike Bullard came to the event with his motorcycle helmet.
| No flash and really low light doorway. |
No comments:
Post a Comment