Saturday, 13 October 2012
The Phoenix Concert Theatre a.k.a. the shittiest venue in all of Toronto!
On Friday October 5th I was suppose to see Shit & Shit also known as Matt & Kim. The indie / punk / pop duo.
I met up with my friend Trevor, his girlfriend and her lady friend Mary that I was giving my spare ticket to.
It had rained a bit earlier.
I had been taking photos on Toronto Island too.
Eventually, we got to the front of the line where you give your ticket and security checks your bag.
My problem arose here.
"You can't take that camera inside," said the Security Guard #1.
"I was using my camera earlier and I am not using it here tonight," I said.
"Talk to the other security guard," said SCG#1.
"Apparently, I have a problem with my camera being here, Can't I check it or something?" I said.
"Matt & Kim have a strict no camera policy. Are you on the media list?" said Security Guard #2.
"No, I was using my camera earlier. I am from out of town and have no intention of using it tonight." I said.
"We'll I can't let you in. I suggest you take it home or drop it off in your car or take it to a friend's place," said Security Guard #2
"Are you kidding me? I can't get into the show because I was using my camera for something unrelated to this and I am from out of town. Also, it says nothing on the ticket, nor your website about no cameras,"I said.
"Matt & Kim come on at 10pm," said Security Guard #2.
I walked away.
Then I told my friend looks like I can't get in tonight have a good night.
He said that I could drop it off at his place. This was a kind gesture. I just don't believe in taking people up on their offers. Furthermore, his place was a good twenty minutes away in High Park. I didn't want to cost him money so I could leave my camera at his place. I told him that I would just go to the Bus Terminal and see how late it is open and comeback if it is open late. We shook hands and that was it.
I decided to try and go over the head of the shit security guard and called the club up. I spoke to someone I assume is the manager. Explaining the situation and stating that I am not using the camera and willing to check. He had a intransigent attitude and kept to the talking point that it was the band's policy.
I hung up the phone mid sentence on this prick.
It started to rain a bit as I strolled down Yonge Street.
Eventually, arriving at my destination.
The security guard at the Bus Terminal was rather helpful, explaining how late they were open to and that if I could get back at this time, he would still be here. I thanked him and made my decision.
The timing would be uber tight. I made my executive decision to cut my losses. Frankly, my camera and gear is worth more than a shit concert at a terrible venue with intransigent views and by a new found douche bag of a band known as Matt & Kim or Shit & Shit as they will be known in my book now.
Special thanks to Shit & Shit for wasting my time and money. I am definitely glad I never bought your albums.
If a band has a ridiculous policy or a douche bag view, no matter if the music is decent, I can't ignore the other aspect(s).
To conclude, I definitely will never be going to any show at the Phoenix. That venue is run by absolute morons.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment