Friday, 19 October 2012

When do you pull out?


No I am not talking about the sexual practise of when you're about to blow your top and you exit the area. This is about when to leave a lady interests place when something random and unexpected happens, in my case it was when they got sick.

Take the 403 pass Highway Six Guelph continue driving then pass the 407 freeway and arrive onto the QEW, now take the first exit and turn left to drive home north.

I don't really date. I kind of stopped 2 years ago or so. It has been a long list of casual relationships since then. My number one rule has been to: always play on away turf and never at home.

It was unexpected that this lucky lady has gotten to see me three times (counting this instance, whenever it happened).

We went for sushi. I have always gone only to places in the great city of Toronto. So in this Hamilton land it was rather new for me.

A bottle of red wine = a good time. Except when one has to drive being me. So I drank a lot less, maybe it is telling in what happened later?

After, the bill was paid, we went to some other place for a beer as the night was young at 10 pm.

The week prior to this event (whenever it happened) I could have stayed at their place but, let them know I would next time.

We arrived back at her place and some making out occurred before, I got focused on being the pleasure giver. As in becoming Colonel Angus. I don't mind it at all. Personally, way better to give than take.

I would say a good thirty minutes went on of pleasure giving, before they got up and went to the washroom.

Now it is understandable to get sick and what not. You can't fault someone on that. However, what does the party on the other end do?

The roommate apparently has a crush on her, wandered in my mind.

I thought, I better not getting attacked here. After 30 minutes I decided to put on my shirt and socks.

More time went by and I thought wow this is awkward.


Eventually 12:30 am comes around, ok what is taking so long? Nearing 1 am, I decide to put my socks on and red deep v neck jersey american apparel shirt.  As nothing says sexy like a man in his under wear and black socks on. I am not one of those douche bags that leave their socks on while fornicating.

Never have I been in this kind of a situation before. I tweet about it and post a picture of me awkward out and the eventual walk of shame.


Do you sit back and wait for the person? Venture out into the wilderness where the roommate may be?And then awkward interaction will ensue.

Was the correct protocol to stay as mean they took so long? Or would you come off as a dick for leaving?

So many choices.

Finally, I decided that there has to be an exit date here like in the Vietnam War (No offense to Vietnam Veterans either, I have a second cousin who served in the Artillery position during this war).

It was clear that I needed an exit strategy. So I began gathering my things and I put them in my bag. The vinyl I brought could stay, not everyone was going to return home I said to myself.


I kept the lines open on what to do in this situation. Does one just withdrawal and leave with nothing said or do you make a formal declaration.


Having waited an hour it was time to take my helicopter ride out of Saigon. I asked her if she was ok and wished her well, informing her I was leaving.

The hour of waiting was rather awkward.

For the record, I did not care my rock didn't get to roll.

Hopefully they're all right. I sent her a text just before starting my vehicles engine up to depart.


No comments:

Post a Comment