So much for endings. Beginnings are always more fun. True connoisseurs, however, are known to favor the stretch in between, since it's the hardest to do anything with.
That's about all that can be said for plots, which anyway are just one thing after another, a what and a what and a what.
Now try How and Why.
- excerpt from Happy Endings by Margaret Atwood.
I deliberately took my facebook down so I wouldn't receive birthday wishes on the 28th.
My pal Nichole wanted to meet up for dinner that day. I agreed to it.
I barely got to the Oakville Go Station, after class. I thought the eastbound trains left at 15:30 or 15:35, turns out today they would be leaving at 15:45. I thought well that's nice. Glad I didn't kill anyone with my fast driving down Trafalgar Road. I had John McCain road rage. John McCain road rage is when you get really angry, red, can't raise your arms above your head, you start swearing and use the my friends line, for example "Get the fuck out of my way my friends."
I punched my ticket in the machine. When they checked the tickets I showed it expecting everything to be smooth, turns out didn't punch correctly. The ticket man said do I use the train a lot and I said no I did not. He explained that it wasn't punched and he kindly voided that ride. Mentioning that normally I could face a fine, I said thank you.
Needless to say, some 30 something dude on the other side of aisle tried to strike up a small talk conversation, saying "Whoa that is brutal." What did I do? Well I wasn't going to listen to some daft individual. I put my ear phones back on and ignored his attempt at small talk. I didn't even turn my head, used my peripheral vision to see if that was the individual saying something. I went back to reading my book and listening to music.
The perfect simile would be the following: I was like an attractive lady that did not want to be hit on, by some deformed slob.
When I am on the train I don't want to talk to anyone. Unless it is an attractive lady, that is making the first move, which is really awesome. Ladies making the first move is very attractive. However, I like doing a first move as well. Back to the point, I don't know this person and really just their comment already made me not like them, keep it to yourself.
My friend Nichole was angry about the train I was on. She thought I took the one arriving at 17:12. Asked me when I was going to get in Toronto. I said I don't know this isn't Shining Time Station, I don't have a Mister Conductor. She did not like that, I thought it was humourous myself.
Walking up University from Front Street was delightful.
Tamil Tiger protesters on the side I walk up. I was like well at least they are dedicated to the whole protestation thing. However, they are a terrorist organization, as identified by the Government of Canada. I don't think you can blame the Sri Lanka government just alone. I believe both sides are at fault. No sympathy for them.
We went to the bank. Needless to say the lady at the bank machine was taking a long time. I would say I was standing there a good fifteen minutes. The lady in front of me was just as annoyed. I thought to myself: "I hope this lady finds the cure for cancer, she is taking so long." I forgot to ask her when she left. I did notice some guy was outside that came by and gave a smile into the bank. Kind of weird. I think he was smiling at the taking forever cancer cure lady. She took out a vast amount of money.
I was also talking in my accent at this time. My friend liked it apparently and when I use it I can use the cunt bomb all I want, I can say "I would shag her," (referring to an attractive lady on the street) in front of my friend, I tend to have more confidence with the accent for some reason. It makes saying rude stuff endearing. My video blog somewhere on the archive has the accent in it.
Nichole told me about some guy I warned her about that was a friend. His name was Tony, and he didn't get out of his car to knock on the door. Nichole's boyfriend Graham was outside and needless to say, he was not impressed. When she told me this story a week ago I was on Graham's side, this Tony character was a pussy, not even getting out of his car to talk to her boyfriend. I also told her that the Tony dude at the time clearly liked her. She was like no he doesn't, I was like then why was he so afraid to meet your boyfriend? I mean I am shy and I still met Graham and I think he is a splendid chap. So as we were walking on the south side of Queen West, she told me that the guy admitted he liked her. I said well gee golly Miss. Molly, that wasn't obvious. Maybe I can read people after all?
I went into some store where I like to get dress shirts from. When I bought the shirt the lady at the register asked "If is this for a special occasion?" [It was my birthday, I said in my head.], but, I said no. She was an all right lass.
Next stop was Steve's Music Store, I checked out some bass guitars.
Went back to the store my friend was at trying on dresses, it was hot as hell in it as well. She came out and said what about this one, I said oh my god that is a hideous dress. Needless to say, she did not come out again to show me her other ones. I was totally offended. However, three ladies were trying on dresses as well. I liked the one with "Robert Plant Hair."
I warned my friend not to buy the orange dress and she was like I am going to Jamaica. I said well you're going to look like a bloody pylon.
Anyways we walked somewhere next, stopped at Jack Astor's at Richmond by the Scotiabank Theatre.
We had a good dinner and we got the bill. I began to put my money down and she took it back I was like huh? And I put it back again. She was like I am paying for it. I insisted are you sure? This is very weird for you to do that. I felt emasculated. I am used to paying my fair share. However, it was a very nice gesture. I really appreciated it after I got over the fact. After all we are friends, still it was weird not paying my fair share. I have always paid my share and have never tried to freeload. I guess that is old fashioned. It truly was the nicest gesture I had received since June.
Nichole asked me if I had emailed whatshername at all? I said well it's kind of clear she doesn't want to hear from me after, I wrote that reminisce piece. I told Nichole, "I still liked her, which I didn't understand." Nichole mentioned that's because I really cared about whatshername and I just hung my head in defeat as I tried to change the topic, away from this awkward subject matter.
We finished our drinks, and it was chilly outside, I said oh look Circa, I was suppose to go there once, true story.
I walked my pal back to the Go Station and headed to Robarts to do some work via the subway to St. George.
When I got home late at night, my intuition was right of all nights...
No comments:
Post a Comment