
Ever go to a concert and the person you go with is a buzz kill? That's what happened to me last night when I saw the Junior Boys concert. We stayed for the first four songs were great minus leaving early. The show started at 2230. Needless to say the band didn't take the stage until 2340.
My ex. girlfriend's ex. boyfriend was at the concert. I was like well he didn't improve with his lady.
Whenever I go to Toronto, I always, always, see someone I know. It is weird. I saw some dude I went to high school with tonight, as well.
Back to the concert note to self go to a concert with someone that enjoys it, I don't think I will be going to any more concerts this year. I need to save my money and get a job.
When I left early at 0015, we boarded the wrong subway. So we had to turn around. The train we needed was just arriving I rushed to get it, and used my body on the door. My friend didn't hurry up and take it with me so we had to wait 10 minutes for the next train to arrive at Eglinton West Subway Southbound.
I really love holding the subway door for them to just stand at the stairs and refuse to get on, that pissed me off.
I got off at Osgoode so I could grab something to eat. However, it took way too long. I ran from Spadina to John Street. I stopped at one point as I was in pain "singing that's my, my, my liver killing me, me, me!"
Took a taxi cab to the bus terminal to Front Street. When I walked down I saw the buses leaving in the distance. Awesome. I had no cellphone on me as I left it in the car back at the Oakville Go Station.
From all that running I wasn't hungry and let the food go to waste. As I sat on some bench, I didn't get angry at all. I was basically like this sucks, well nothing I can really do now.
There were no payphones in any area that I could see and I really didn't want to burden my sister by calling her at 0130 to pick my sorry ass up in Toronto.
The hunt for a hotel began.
Marriott closed.
Residence Inn closed.
There was the Super 8 Hotel on Spadina, I for sure will get a room to that place. Nope all booked, apparently a Holiday Inn is off of Spadina and King. I began walking down Spadina taking a right on Queen, passed some Tattoo Rock Parlour club which looked full of frat boys and teenyboppers.
Went down some street, some lady commented on my shoes I guess liking them saying blue suede shoes?
I guess I was in the nightclub district, I don't know I saw some lady fall over a plant which was kind of hilarious, she was totally wasted.
Eventually I cam across a Tim Horton's and it was open really late for some reason. I ordered an Extra Large Double Double. I began to contemplate what I was going to do.
A brother from another mother came in with a cane and a white fedora. He seemed to have had the same tragic luck of missing his ride. He ordered a coffee and we small talked a bit from our booths across each other. He said what is good about this Tim Horton's is its open all the time. I acknowledged this statement, with a yeah.
It was now 0330 and it didn't make sense to waste money on a sixty dollar cab ride to Oakville or get a hotel now. As I sat at my solo booth, I felt like a homeless person, drunken individual and awkward to the max. At 0400 I ordered a water. Then at 0430 I ordered an Extra Large French Vanilla. I decided that I would wait until 0500 then go for a stroll in the city. If I were to stay in Tim Horton's any longer I would've had the fourth of July explosive diarrhea, by ordering another coffee. The brother from another was asleep by now. I couldn't sleep I don't let my guard down and just contemplated shit.
One thought that crossed my mind was, was no lady that was more than platonic, has ever said she loves me. I don't know how I would handle that. It might be pretty weird. I mean I did really care for this one lady. Maybe I would say thanks "champ" or something if it's said and I don't have the same feeling. I really have no idea.
It was time to go now and walk amongst the empty city.
I decided to walk up Bay Street, apparently a major movie from King to Queen is being filmed today. It takes place in Philadelphia judging from the faux squad cars and signs, apparently there is a corner truck to be used in this production. Adelaide I believe was renamed Fourth Street.
Well time to pass that area, I decided to walk up to University and all the way to College, that killed some time. I got back at Union at 0604. The GO Train wouldn't be arriving until 0643, swell. I curst myself for not having a weekend schedule. At least I could read a free Metro and sit amongst the other individuals whom had the same demise as my bus missing.
Working the graveyard shift at Chrysler in 2006, really afforded me the option of staying up late all night. The shift went from 2230 - 0630. However, the night tonight was one of the worst times in 2009. I would say some stuff that went on in September was up there. But, tonight was really the king of crap.
I have never been so bored in my entire life. Not having my iPod or cellular device really was a pain in the ass. I made a self-imposed memo to always carry both electronic gizmos with me at all times.
I remembered my Aunt and cousins live in Toronto. But, I hardly know that side of the family and they are in their thirties. Even if I knew their last name, it would be awkward: "Hi, we don't talk at all and I don't know you in the least, can I crash at your place Aunt Whatsherface."
When I got to Oakville, I was relieved that I was almost home.
I doubt I will be doing my second video blog.
I was surprised by my demeanor, I really have mellowed out a lot. I normally would have been cantankerous awesome angry, but, I just was like well I lost that battle. Maybe, I was just too tired to care. Either way, I am glad I am not as angry as I used to be.
When I was walking around I did notice a lot of the homeless people on the street and just thought about how no one cares. I guess it is a part of life. I felt bad for theses people, regardless of their choices or lack of choices in their lives.
As long as we can have that Pan Am Olympic games or give raises to CUPE workers at City Hall, it's all good. Maybe that is a little too left wing of me. But, I will argue that not enough is being done by the so called left on the homeless / poverty issue. You can completely forget about even mentioning the right wing on this argument. They simple just don't care. It's just a facade by left wing politicians to address the poverty / homeless issue.
Well that was my night, and that's all folks!
I love a song written by Dennis Wilson called Fallin' In Love or originally known as Lady. It was finally released officially on a crappy Beach Boys compilation this year. I can't believe the song was shelved, so many years ago. I really hope the real Beach Boys version of Smile gets released one day. Anyways, it is up there with Forever. A Swedish band called Sambassadeur released their cover on an amazing album called Migration.
Tracks off Migration by Sambassadeur that are amazing would be: The Park, Migration, Subtle Changes, Someday We're Through (My second favourite song off the album, I love the bass line which is simplistic and the lyrics) , Final Say (my personal favourite) and of course Falling In Love. This could be my favourie band of 2009, but, I think Ra Ra Riot earned that spot.
In my epitome of cool list you would only find three people: Robert Redford, Dennis Wilson and Paul Newman. They don't get cooler than that kids.
"Flowers come in the spring
All the love I can bring, bring it for my lady
All I can do you know you know it's for my lady
I love her so, I love to grow with she's a lady my lady
Falling in love, summer we’re together with my lady
Love the life I live
Live the life that I love
Live it with my lady
I love her so I’ll let her know she’s lady, yes my lady
Yes I’m in love
Love in love in love in love with my lady
She’s knows I’m in love
Love in love in love in love with my lady"
- Dennis Wilson
Finally, I love this song called These Days by Jackson Browne, he wrote it and plays guitar on the Nico cover version as well. I've been losing and moving since August. I love the lyric "don't confront me with my failures, i had not forgotten them." 'Tis true about moi.
Fuck, yo. Crazy night.
ReplyDeleteDennis Wilson is indeed fucking awesome.
He has been a beardspiration to moi.
ReplyDelete