I had smoked that night.
My voice was a bit more shot.
I was petrified. If I was no good that would be bad. My higher range was harder to hit, I was winded Axl Rose running styles at the MTV VMA's 2002.
I felt like if I couldn't sing her "Such Great Heights" in the truck than I couldn't do anything risk wise.
I wish she could just read my mind, Gordon Lightfoot styles. Then she would know it is total true. The hurt she got from years ago would go away, and the clouds of doubt would dissipate.
My word is my bond.
I never would leave them behind, ever. Then what I say would be untrue. I'll stand by you. Even at my bitter angry worst she is held to a high regard.
That burned when they thought I would flee for the hills.
I was trying to get their attention, and have them grab me and just make the pain go away with their touch. That back fired. Our time spent was one of the best times I've had in a long, long, long time.
They've got doubt. My job is to help them get over that doubt. To get rid of that old scar tissue from their past.
All I know is that it is true.
It is as true as the time I said it, and it will be as true as I take my last breath.
So now you know, and every day it grows.
On a side note, the bracelet that was given to us at the show, will serve as a reminder of the splendid experience we had there, and frankly, I enjoy wrist wear. So it serves two purposes.
Eye contact, saying the truth, open dialogue, honesty, and integrity are key in my book of books.
I've got my faults, but I do know this, I'll never lie to them or let them down.
Monday, 26 August 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment