Sunday, 14 March 2010

I can't believe you like Bowling for Columbine!

Welcome to the wonderful world of hearing impairment or as I like to say in a deaf voice: "I can't hear you!" Remember you need to talk like someone that can't hear, to get that quote properly.

I decided to go out with a girl that my friend's friend recommended.

What was I thinking? I said that to myself as I waited. She slowly walked up the street, I was busy on the cell talking to my friend CJ. I hung up and introduced myself with a firm / non-pussy handshake.

We decided to go to some pub. It was noisy, I told the lady known as Ashley that I am part deaf due to my mother not being able to keep me in her womb for the proper allocated time (also known as being premature). So she sat by me on the cushion bench part of the table.

The conversation was engaging at some points. She was a graduate of journalism, which sparked my interest. After that topic ended, I was in conversation purgatory. There was no escape until that pitcher of beer was finished. Due to the fact I was driving, I couldn't finish my pints quickly. I don't want to kill people or myself for the matter.

Attractive wise I could see myself giving Ashley my penis. She would not be a regretful fornication. However, she really did need a personality.

I just didn't relate to her stories of past drug use like hash and mushrooms or the fact she was drinking since 1800 hours.

When I didn't hear her due to annoying Offspring's crap music being played, apparently I must have agreed to like Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine. I actually don't hate that movie or like it, I am apathetic to it.

One thing we discussed was some people's racism / homophobia. It was suggested by her argument that basically it is acceptable to not like people different from you if you grew up in an environment that was relatively homogeneous. I could not agree with that statement. I think it is such a bullshit card to use.

I've grown up in Burlington and it is Cracker Central. Never have I made or felt to make prejudice or racist comments on someone that wasn't the same as me.

"The one place where a man ought to get a square deal is in a courtroom, be he any color of the rainbow, but people have a way of carrying their resentments right into a jury box. As you grow older, you'll see white men cheat black men every day of your life, but let me tell you something and don't you forget it - whenever a white man does that to a black man, no matter who he is, how rich he is, or how fine a family he comes from, that white man is trash." - Atticus Finch, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

That quote in my opinion can be applied not only in that context but to anyone that is of a different race or orientation. I firmly believe if you judge anyone based on race or orientation you're trash.

So spare me if you think you can justify racism and prejudice views because you grew up in a town that was not heterozygous.

It didn't help that I felt dead on the inside with this lady as well. She gave me no feeling of elation.

I definitely was not picking up good vibrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment