During these primitive times, an organization called N.A.S.A. discovered water on a planet named Mars from some crazy rover.
Batman comic book fans were having geek overload with the Dark Knight.
Will Ferrell was trying too hard to be funny with his film Step Brothers as well.
Those times were surely insane.
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Surprised?
After applying to "the Beer Store" in all of Burlington, I finally got that call back.
Apparently they were going to have a job fair again. I was told to bring my resumé and application. Keep in mind, I applied at all five stores in Burlington, two times.
As I recall in 2005 when they had one in Stoney Creek. It was lame and well I did not get the job that time. Of course, there were a lot less folks the Stoney Creek time.
July 31st comes and I am ready for this interview. I shave my Chaplin in progress and my goatee. Hell I even got my hair trimmed up as well.
As I slowly and cantankerous began my dire wait in the summer heat for about two hours, I finally reach the front of the line and I proceed inside. This time things are a lot more unprofessional, managers are sitting on the counters and shit. There really is no desks at all and I get the standing station by a Nazi bald on top and hair at the side guy.
He asks me why do I want to work at the Beer Store?
I reply with:
(1) The Environmental factor, the Beer Store recycles 90% of goods.
(2) I love people....
(3) Recommendation from a friend of mine who worked at the place.
A couple more questions then I was done.
"Nazi Beer Store Guy" tells me that they will keep my resumé on file. Basically, I was not good enough, but if shit happens they will call me back, if I am lucky enough to make $8.50 an hour. It is a myth that the Beer Store pays good money. The L.C.B.O. does because it is government owned.
Unfortunately, I had just wasted all that time applying to all five Beer Stores in Burlington and standing in line for two hours.
Most people that have no balls, would just pat themself on their back and call it a day.
I might need a job, but I am not someone's bitch and will want to be on a please call me back list.
Jimmy: Pardon me Mr.
Nazi Beer Store Guy: Yes...
Jimmy: Could I see my resumé and application for a second?
Nazi Beer Store Guy: Sure....
Jimmy: Thank you.
Nazi Guy is bewildered and hands me the documents back. As he hands it back, I look and I flip through it once. Then I begin to rip it in half, and this "Nazi Beer Store Guy" is looking at me with astonishment of utter shock.
Jimmy: No thanks! (as my resumé and application slowly falls to the Beer Store floor.)
I walk out calmly and enjoy the rest of my day.
In conclusion, fuck the Beer Store and enjoy my ripped up resumé / application. Do not waste my time assholes!
No comments:
Post a Comment