Saturday, 23 January 2010

A little low tempo, yet brings everything up!

For the record, I love this lyric from Long May You Run by The Stills-Young Band: "Maybe, The Beach Boys have got you now, with those waves singing: Caroline No, rolling down that empty ocean road, getting to surf on time, long may you run."

If you've followed my blog for a while, or know me, then you know, I love the Beach Boys (only until 1983). I hate Kokomo, that is not the Beach Boys.

Some might say, why only until 1983? Well it is simple. Marina del Rey, California and Dennis Wilson, tragic death.

Creatively speaking, you had two factions in the late 70s. The greatest hits take with Mike Love at the helm and Al Jardine following in tow with Bruce Johnston saying nothing. You have the Wilson brothers Brian (who wasn't in the best place at the time), Carl and Dennis. They wanted the group not to be a nostalgic hits package.

For two months, I was alive at the same time as in my opinion, the coolest most underrated rock star.

Idol speaking, in the world of celebrity I would say I have only three.

No comments:

Post a Comment