Sunday, 2 June 2013

"Neurotica"

I went out last night and while out, I thought of some of my neuroticism. 

Perhaps, it can count as O.C.D.? 

Either way who gives a shit right? 

(1) Urinals 

I never use them, never. You could be Nguyen Ngoc Loan with a gun to my Viet Cong head like what occurred during the Tet Offensive and I would not use it. 



The fact is that when using a urinal my flow is like a pressure washer. So I literally will have piss all over my hand and likely jeans if I use a urinal. Even if I stepped back I would still be splattering everywhere and well people would be getting specks of my urine on them. 

Therefore, I always use a toilet. It allows me a clear laser guarded target with no splash effect. 

(2) Petro 

I own a truck. It loves petro. 

I never go below half a tank of gasoline. I once tried to and it bothered me way too much.  It just doesn't feel right going below half a tank of petro. So my vehicle will never dip below that marker on the dashboard. 


(3) Good Morning / Good Afternoon / Good Night 

When someone says the above phrase, there is always a peremptorily reply that does not give them the same "good whatever."

I simply do not say it. I don't believe one can know what kind of day it will be. It could be the greatest day ever that would make good morning rather ridiculous. Or it could be the shittiest day in a long time. So I rather let the day unfold before deciding what kind of day it will be. 



(4) Acknowledgment 

Call me cold, but unless we were close and I held you to a high regard, I won't acknowledge your presence if we are aggregates in an area. 

Why bother doing the whole small talk routine? 

I'll use my best method acting skills and pretend we've never met.

If they were an ounce bit important to me they would have my contact number. 

If you believe it then its true.

(5) Venturing Back into the Past 

I am not one for reunions of sorts. I find them mundane, and rubbish. I was asked if I was going to my high school's celebration / reunion. I think it has been around for 50 years now. My reply was curt: "Why the fuck would I do that?" I've been there and I've done that. Next...

In fact any places I've worked at I will never go and visit again. As what's the point? I've quit there and personally I never become friends with any of the people there (in rare occasions I will), so why would I visit a place again and talk to some acquaintances I could give two fucks about? 

Another example is my Grandfather's house that is now my Uncle's house. I don't have any real relationship with said Uncle. Also, I rather not have memories of my childhood and memories from 2010 come flooding back to me if I dare step foot into that place. "I'll never occupy that space again," he said peremptorily. 

"So we beat on, boats against the current borne back ceaselessly into the past" 
- F. Scott Fitzgerald



No comments:

Post a Comment