Monday, 15 February 2010

I could tell by the tone

Dear Officer Asshole,

I saw the old man on the way inside, that was loitering outside in Metro in his wheelchair asking for donations for a new leg. The question I said to myself was it legit?

As I walked in the store, I double take the situation. It appeared legit. The old man looked like he was in his 73 - 76 years of age.

Then I saw you Officer Asshole, with your turtle waxed shaved scalp. I could hear your conversation as I left the store.

Officer Asshole: You have to leave this area (in a sharp tone), the store owners of Metro don't want you here and neither does the L.C.B.O.

The old man mumbled something I was walking towards my automobile listening to this dialogue.

Officer Asshole: I suggest you leave now.

The old man had to get to the area somehow. Don't know if he lived nearby and what not.

Here he was in a wheelchair outside. If you can come and act all high and mighty telling the old man to leave, surely you can drive him to wherever his destination is Officer Asshole. If he is asking for money outside a store for a new leg, chances are he doesn't have a lot of money to call the handicap van taxi again or take the handicap bus. You failed big time on that front. How do I know? It was easy by discerning your attitude. I saw no shred of humanity in your tone.

Some might say well, why didn't you do something? Well I wasn't asking the guy to leave had a car with groceries in it from Longo's already. There was no behest from me to the old man to leave the area.

Just in case the old man was a scam artist, Officer Asshole you could have driven him home to his area and perhaps realized that if he lived in a luxurious house. If that theory is of course true.

My dissertation on the subject I feel is correct. Likely, the owner of the store did not want the old beggar their, making customers feel uncomfortable by showing to the community of Burlington that poverty does exist. On top of the fact, you wouldn't want people to feel guilty about an individual they pass by while they scurry to their automobile; to get away from the reality that exists in all of society.

Does benevolence still exist?

No comments:

Post a Comment