Thursday, 3 March 2011

I left this a year ago


I recently wanted to find the youtube clip where Bruce Johnston from the Beach Boys sings a song he wrote. What was the song? Well it won him a Grammy and it is called "I Write The Songs." It was done famously by Barry Manilow. Wikipedia that shit if you don't believe me.

Someone at a bar tonight was talking to me and the person I was with about 80s songs they play. How their band really gets into it and picks crazy songs. I said well do you play It's Raining Men, co-written by Paul Shaffer? They were David Letterman's band leader? I was like yeah one of the greatest talents from Ontario.

The two chaps didn't believe me and googled it. Guess who was right? Yeah, I know my rock history.

Back to what I was talking about! So I couldn't find the clip. I did find the California Girls clip they performed in Waikiki, Honolulu, Oahu, Hawaii of the United States of America.

I discovered that 48 people liked my comment. I found that splendid.

They have good taste it seems! No Dennis Wilson, no real Beach Boys.

So for all you "come on pretty momma" people, go fuck yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment