Friday, 31 October 2014

The Young Soldier

These pictures aren't the best.

I likely should have gotten there earlier.

One of the last photos is of a military plane tipping its wings at the cemetery where this solider is now buried.

In fact, I had no idea they were going to be buried at that cemetery, however, I should have known. After the service I went to Valley Inn Road, walked down the old closed road from the Hamilton side to Burlington.

Upon reaching the graveyards, I saw squad cars had it closed off. I thought to myself, well I guess that is where the solider will rest now. I headed back to my vehicle.

On my way back I ran into a individual. We discussed the service, and if I knew the soldier was going to be there. I said the service had just ended. The individual wondered if they would be getting a 21 gun salute. I did tell them the regiment did board buses with an escort, so I assume they will be at the funeral.

The person then told me about the plane in the sky. How on July 1st and November 11th it does a fly by and tips its wings.












No comments:

Post a Comment