Wednesday, 18 September 2013

I don't care if it is thicker than water

The fact of the matter is I gave them a chance.

They blabbed what I said to them in confidentiality to another family member.

So I decided it was best to cut all ties. Harsh? Of course.

However, they are on the side of the family I don't have any close associations to.

Sperm giver (father status is an earned privilege, thanks) and I have never gotten along. Not talking about that lack of a relationship. As I child I never liked the individual either. Some of my fondest memories. Other issues didn't help their case.

The sister of the sperm giver (Aunt), can be ok. However, I cut ties with them after their babbling. Plus, I am uncomfortable going to her apartment within a house. As the sperm giver and their significant other live in the upstairs part of the house. Personally, having a run in with them isn't on my: "To Do Lists," one runs that risk by showing up there.

I don't return the Aunt's calls. I'm done. Checked out. No point in having a relationship with a family member if you can't trust what you say to them in private is kept in private. Regardless if it is trivial or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment