Part of me knew it was going to be awkward as hell. The other part, let's say 40% was hopeful it would be a fun enjoyable experience.
Going to a party at night in Trinity Bellwoods park was a new experience.
The drinking in public was adventurous. If I was a police officer I would totally be charging these people and getting my quota.
Anyhow, I knew three people at this shindig. At first it was a group thing. As more people came it became a segregated event.
There was a small group of people that were going around collecting empties (cans / bottles). I had no problem until this one lady didn't get the clue to take a hike. She literally was staring at me for 2 minutes. I said affirmatively: "Can I help you?"
It was rather rude for a person to be staring at you for that amount of time. I personally found their tact to be rather odd just lurking and creeping. Ready to jump on the next empty bottle that appears.
Anyhow, it freaked me out.
My friend eventually moved to talk to their friends that just came. Perfectly, acceptable and fine.
I texted a bunch of people on my phone. Hoping some would apply. Others did, but at a later time.
I deleted a couple of people off my phone that night.
Anyhow, I then proceeded to piss on a building as the washrooms were locked.
When I came back my spot was now gone and I moved my stuff. I was out of the now moved circle. I was thinking wow this is awkward as fuck. I have no one to talk to and I just fiddled on my phone. It won't let me down. I figured this is the perfect time too leave.
Little did I know I had only been there for not even an hour. I was ready to board the helicopter out of Saigon.
My friend was standing up talking to someone. I quickly finished my third beer, and wished him a safe trip to Europe. He was kind of surprised that I was leaving so soon. I respect my friend and he is legitimately a good pal. I didn't want to say: "Yeah this party sucks, everyone has their own clique, I'm not at all part of this shindig so I am going to leave."
I walked out of the white gates and made my journey to Poutini's. Thankfully it was open late. I bought two things of regular poutine. Likely clogged my arteries a bit too.
I proceeded to walk down Dufferin back to Liberty Village and to Exhibition Station.
Maybe, I should have stayed longer than an hour. However, the third person I knew at the party split. I was down to my friend who was in conversation and his girlfriend that was part of the now closed off circle. I took it as my sign to go home.
Surrounded by over a dozen people, I felt like one of the loneliness people in the world. It wouldn't be the last time I felt this way. How long, who really knows? I sure don't. I suppose as long as the wind blows.
Tuesday, 2 July 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment