"Extreme Ways" by Moby woke me up from an amazing slumber.
I thought for a second I was Jason Bourne, turned out it was my ring tone.
As I picked up the phone, the anticipation was it would be a telemarketing call and specifically: Ship horn noise "This is your captain speaking, you've won some cruise." Normally one gets those a lot for some reason.
But no, it was a lady on the line.
I had no idea who the hell this idiot was that just woke me up from my sleep.
After our rendezvous a couple of months ago I text her back and got nothing so I deleted her number. Yes my phone could hold the space and manage memory wise. My rationale is not complicated. If I actually talk to you I will keep your number. If we chat once in a while, I won't keep your number.
The lady began to yak: "I'm in Toronto stranded and my friend bailed on me, can you come pick me up?"
I replied: "Who is this?"
The lady said: "It is Molly."
"Uh not ringing a bell."
Meanwhile I was thinking. If I hardly know you and you're calling basically a stranger, you've got some issues. Who in their right fucking mind would think, someone who met you once and we had some fun would drive into Toronto to pick an intoxicated person up.
Molly explained where we had met and it finally dawned on me. Mind you, I was having an amazing sleep and wasn't all there. It was no Hillary Clinton ready to take your call at 3am shindig. I was out of it.
I explained I worked in the morning and then my phone reception killed me call.
She was prior to the call trying to convince me futilely to come to Toronto. A) I would waste a lot of gas on some lady that I had a one night stand with. B) Wasn't worth the gas. C) My penis was cozy in my underwear. D) I'm not thinking with my sexual needs, but being fiscally conservative. E) It came down to responsibility. If I go to Toronto I know I have to leave at a certain time, get a hotel room or crash at a friend's place. If not guess what? I don't go to Toronto and get tanked. Also, calling random people that haven't talken to in forever is never an option. I rely on myself and I've earned everything I've got.
It was a relief that the call dropped on my end.
Since I am only sometimes an asshole. I felt kind of bad for the individual. I mean it was self-inflicted on their part. They should really choose who they classify as a friend if so and so bails on you. I did tell her that over a text.
Situational awareness is key in my book. Know your surroundings. It is like that old saying when in Rome do what Romans do.
Since I know my way around Toronto and the transportation well. I informed said lady she better head to union station and get the 1:30 GO Bus to some destination. It makes a stop in the town where I met her."
She thanked me for pointing her in the right direction.
I deleted the texts from the idiot's number. Hopefully to never be bugged by her again.
Monday, 27 August 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment