'Twas surprising seeing her at work again. Should have been expected she would come back though.
I caught the back of her as I was leaving the lavatory, I said to myself, hope it is not her.
But it was a familiar body and wavy brunette locks.
After, asking her out and finding out she had a boyfriend, but she insisting on being friends and of the facebook nature, I added her.
We only talked on it a couple of times.
I decided to cut her from my list. It wasn't going to go anywhere, plus 700 hundred so called friends. I regard myself as a unique one of a kind gent. So no need to have a faux friend.
I read her Grandmother died which is horrible, that is when I took my cue to exit here stage left.
I wasn't going anywhere with this lady and no need to be her faux friend, anymore.
"Don't look back you can never look back."
My motto with people. I was saying to myself "Don't turn around (like that eighties pop song)."
She turned around. I stayed still for a moment, hoping she wouldn't see me and that Jurassic Park Velociraptor shit would translate with humans. She literally waved at me and I was having a debate if I would acknowledge her presence at all. I gave a half-arsed hand gesture.
I made sure it was not that welcoming of communication on my behalf. It was definitely not deferential.
I just am not a fan of being fake or the whole, how have you been? Frankly I don't care. The person isn't in my life and will never be a reoccurring character, so no need to really acknowledge them.
Here is to hoping we don't bump into each other again and I am not put on the spot.
I have only had one occasion where I bumped into someone that I never wanted to see again and we saw each other again. I get to remember her on my niece's birthday, as that is when we went out again, a week after our unintentional rendezvous.
You just have to not care and it is the approach I have taken towards co-worker lady.
Tuesday, 11 October 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment