This movie [Smurfatar also known as Avatar] sucks.
Why?
First of all, let's take Pocahontas and mix it with Aliens a bit and Smurfs or the Blue Man Group whatever blue comparison you like, select one. I obviously prefer Smurfs.
The hype surrounding, that it took ten years? Yeah so fucking what? It took over twenty years for the Eagles to release their new album and it sucked. It took over ten million dollars and ten years for Chinese Democracy and the album wasn't a big hit either or worth the wait.
I watched some of the previews and shit for the movie and I really am not blown away or impressed like the masses.
Why do I ultimately despise this movie? Simple the premise is the army or whatever group it is, makes an Avatar of these Smurf / Blue Man Group people. The one operator is handicapped. I will repeat that he is disabled and in a wheelchair. In this futuristic world, they can A) make a biological species controlled by humans but, B) can't cure or fix someone that has become handicapped, therefore I find this movie completely inane.
Tragically, I cannot suspend disbelief for a movie with such a premise.
That's my rant.
La, la, la, la, la, la, sing a happy song
La, la, la, la, la, la, Smurf the whole day long
(whistle) - Smurf along with me
(whistle) - simple as can be... See More
Next time you're feeling blue just let a smile begin
Happy things will come to you so Smurf yourself a grin
(spoken) "Ooh, I hate Smurfs! I'll get you, I'll get all of you, If it's the last thing I'll ever do!"
La, la, la, la, la, la, now you know the tune
La, la, la, la, la, la, you'll be Smurfing soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment