Saturday, 19 September 2015

That annoyed me...

I don't understand why a relative would offer something, and fail to live up to what they offered.

This does not relate to myself.  However, it annoys me, because something similar happened to me years ago.

Someone close to me was offered her own place, and a vehicle if they relocated to a new residence, since their old one was being sold.

It was mentioned that they would get a vehicle so they could commute to work, and be provided with their own separate living quarters.

Turns out that a separate section in the house did not exist, unless you counted the attic. However, her father couldn't even tell her that she wouldn't be getting that area of the house, as his other half's daughter would have that location.

I mean really, why not just say? "Hey, my future step-daughter is going to have that part of the house, I misled you about your own sectioned off area, I'm sorry."

Needless, to say the lady in question also known as my girlfriend, became apprehensive about moving to this new town. As she was no longer guaranteed her own living quarters.

It was suggested regardless, if she made the move or not, her father would still buy her a vehicle. This eventual promise was backtracked on as well.

Now I get along fine with her father. I'm not the type of person who would pretend to get along with someone. It just isn't my modus operandi. Honestly, I'm rather annoyed at this backtracking bullshit. I know my girlfriend, won't raise the issue with her father, and that's fine.

I just find it tacky, and lame you'd not keep your word on something you offered. Especially you know, when it's your daughter.

I don't plan on visiting this new residence which is about 30 to 45 minutes away from where I live. As why would I use my vehicle to visit someone who couldn't keep their word. I suppose they should have bought their daughter a vehicle, if they wanted them to visit often.

Had her father's word been kept, he was considering buying her a Smart car. It isn't a bad vehicle to own if you're just doing local shopping. However, to drive that in a snowbelt area is kind of asinine. I mean wouldn't you want your daughter to be in a vehicle that is midsize and has some cushion in it? But, hey! I'm not a father so what the fuck do I know?

All I know is years ago I was promised a vehicle from my Grandfather who is my namesake and was a good person. It never happened. Instead my Uncle, who was on the Sunshine list (Ontario Government has to publish people who get six figures) got a new Ford Edge from my Gramps while his old Ford Explorer Sport Trac was sold back to the dealer. My Aunt bought the truck from the dealer. I ended up paying $5000.00 for it about two or three years ago. Now I wasn't bitter, as I always had the you know you're full of it until I see it happen attitude. I was humble that it was offered to me, but, was saying in a non-asshole way sure there Grandpa, sure. That way when it didn't happen, I didn't have that huge of a let down. As you expected it not to go your way, from the get-go. With that in mind you do keep a tally of when people committed / promised something, and didn't deliver. Sometimes things are out of people's control. I don't want to give the vibe that I am entitled. Just don't put your word out there, if you're going to be full of shit, that's all. And if you're full of it, at least own it. That's why I took the time to write about this!

No comments:

Post a Comment