Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Mundane Musings: #1 Dog Shit

I had a best friend. For the main parts of my teenage and young adult life.

I occasionally will dog sit.

That in turn means I will have to put up with dog shit.

No just any kind of dog shit.

But twin shit.

I recall whenever I went to my Grandfather's I would pick up his lab's named: Bailey's and then after that Maverick's shit.

My Gramps had a system.

Pick it up right away.

The problem is big shit, and even little shit would turn my stomach.

The worst part was holding your breath as you scooped it onto the shovel. Then it was the trek to the baby blue Rubbermaid garbage pail.

It would be two minutes without oxygen. Or you'd get the nice musk of dog manure.

Luckily, you'd cut the grass, and you'd have that smell in the vicinity.

So why do I feel picking up is so important?

You don't need to worry about where you're stepping, and then you don't have to pick up pounds of dog manure because you're too lazy to collect it in the first place.

Yes it is a tiresome chore, but, no worries next time you want to BBQ, or garden in your yard.

This has been my first edition of Mundane Musings. Feel free to subscribe to more musings. That I will surely talk about, or you know, don't. And be a dicksicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment