Tuesday, 17 March 2015

Oh well!

I have a great core of friends that I see occasionally.

This core stopped talking to this one individual that used to hang around us.

I was in fact friends with this individual.

But, over the course of two years they've changed and so have I.

You see, they considered me one of their good friends and vice versa.

However, I overlooked somethings about them.

My one lady friend Allison hated them. Made some valid points that I overlooked at the time.

One might say you must care as you're writing about it.

Well I don't.

Time changes people.

I don't see myself investing in a fair-weather friend.

I was messaged by them briefly a couple of times last year, my basic response / vibe was: "what the fuck do you want?"

I just did not understand that after a couple of months of no formal communication, why they would even bother?

A reply of: "Hey man, it's been a while, work has been hectic, we should talk." It would have allowed me to consider the proposal.

I ultimately came to the conclusion, that I really don't need the individual in my life, and that whatever friendship was I had with them was really in the past.

There definitely wasn't the like old times, it is all cool man vibe. It was more like yeah? You're talking to me? Piss off.

I truly am not a snob.

I value friendships with people.

The bad just outweighed the good regarding this situation.

I don't envision any reunion in the near future.


No comments:

Post a Comment