People are constantly in motion.
In my world, I fire people rather easily.
For those I don't fire they might become a yearly affair. Shoot the shit and that is it. Then we go back into our own worlds.
So below is what people I knew and know introduced me to a couple of things...
Such as my former friend Chris (I say former as well I canned him on facebook and we don't stay in touch. You see I asked him in the summer of 2011 if he knew of any summer jobs as I just got done a semester at WLU. No response for forever, I was like well no need to be quasi friends anymore and moved on. I've seen him on and off where we've exchanged pleasantries, but clearly we aren't friends.) Anyhow, he introduced me in Grade 10 to French Vanillas from Tim Horton's. I had never ate at that place before that grade and it was interesting on that cold walk home, trying it for the first time.
DW got me into Death Cab for Cutie. I was originally suppose to see the show with another friend but he came in. It was at the Ricoh Coliseum and I finally gave the band a chance. I ended up a Death Cab fan at the end of the night even with the fire alarm going off and on. I came in as Franz Ferdinand fan.
Carla got me into Ray Lamontagne. She is probably married now. I was in love with her once. I got put off with her long intervals of responses. Even though her other friends accepted it, I don't got a little patience.
Joni got me into Neutral Milk Hotel. Her love of Holland 1945, got me into such a phenomenal artist. I will be grateful for this introduction.
Elliott got me into strongbow cider and introduced me to the Cameron House in Toronto.
Chris B introduced me to Junior Boys and the Drudge Report.
Josh where do I start? Videotape by Radiohead says it all. He really loved that album and I hated it at first. But he changed my mind. I miss my pal, hopefully August is a go.
Kevin got me into Wes Anderson.
Mike introduced me into Monty Python.
Anyways that is my trip down memory lane.
Monday, 11 June 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment