A few weeks ago in May...
They came to see her.
I could understand the Aunt being present, but her non-son and my other male cousin was rather weird.
I had fallen behind as I just got done work and went to get ready before walking over to watch the play.
There was no opening to say a quick hi to the Aunt or Cousin. I made one situational awareness glance and that was it.
As the crowd exited the auditorium, I did not stick around to exchange pleasantries.
The Aunt's sister made a plea that was ignored. I countered, why would I do that? Just say hi to your cousin Dane. I will decline that as well, I said.
I proceeded to walk back to the apartment I was staying at.
I was proud of myself and glad I did not lower myself to the phony bullshit level.
I like being honest with myself and my feelings.
There would have been no point in giving some pleasantries to people I don't have a relationship of any substance with.
"Hey Dane, The last time we talked was in 2006 at our Grandmother's funeral, how's life treating you?
It made no sense to go down that avenue. As we might be blood, but there is no relationship or real effort on the other parties part, so why bother?
The Aunt Factor, she's superficial, fake and spooked me out when she hugged me in the hospital in 2010 in that ill fated month of December. We stopped talking years ago, she made an effort, but I can see through the charade.
I stuck to my guns & I'm proud of being a maverick.
Some might consider it rude or petty, I just say fornicate off to those people. I rather stay honest with myself.
Monday, 4 June 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment