Saturday, 17 December 2011

It has been a while, bah humbug!

Well the Holidays are upon us.

I have my reasons on not celebrating anymore, due to losing someone very close on the 23rd last year, enough on that as I don't like talking about something I find very personal, that is one thing I guard and don't talk about is, moving on.

I made it to get my dog's canned food from the vet today, no not someone who served in a war.

The lady at the counter: asked me my name, I just gave my phone number. She then stated I thought that was who you were, how's Deb? I stated no idea don't talk to her or care about her. Next thinking she would get better luck: "How's your Dad?", I've stopped talking to him. Her next reply was I know the feeling I just met my father after 25 years, this was the part where I figured she would get the hint, I don't care to chit chat, I just want to pay my bill and leave. "Well have a merry christmas" she said, not celebrating and likely not.

It was definitely a negative conversation, but those answers were honest. I really don't care to hear your life story or to talk about people I don't intend to ever speak with again.

So be prepared to get an honest answer when you try to make small inane talk with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment