Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Bleeding Heart Doves?

In this day of age, people tend to be overly sensitive about things.

I can see both perspectives in this headline I saw.

I believe it was updated and changed.

The writer obviously wanted to emphasize the enormous wave of change that occurred in Quebec.

However, after the whole natural disasters (Earthquake / Tsunami) in Japan, people would be sensitive to the headline below.

Is the author in the wrong or right? It is subjective.

When I saw it at first I was saying to myself oh, I can see people not liking that and the whole bad choice of a word.

Although, then we will get in a discourse of what is proper and not, after all it is just a word. The author is clearly not making fun of the disaster in Japan. Some people though get offended easily I suppose and will contextualize the headline as making fun of a natural disaster.

The question is if you saw the headline: how would you react?

2 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that I laughed when I read that?

    Personally I think it was clever relating the tsunami to the Bloc being swallowed up by the NDP... maybe I just don't like the Bloc?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope not bad at all laughing at it.

    I believe they corrected it as they were scared of the PC police.

    Weird about Mr. Jack Layton (I like) mentioning that 51 percent is a clear majority which it is not and rebuking the Clarity Act which is genius.

    I am a huge fan of Stephane Dion!

    ReplyDelete