Monday, 18 April 2011

Maybe I should have questioned your personal hygiene

It was the third time hanging out with this woman.

Her roommate had recently moved out. She claimed that was the reason her place looked worse than a shanty shack in Somalia.

The sinks were both overflowing with dishes.

Two garbage bags were full of trash in the kitchen and on the ground was a McDonald's bag.

Her bathroom was beyond disgusting. So many hairs, makeup, toothpaste and other stuff on the counter and in the sink.

Not to mention the toilet paper roll was empty and on top of it was another roll that was almost running on empty. I decided to impose my will on her bathroom and take the empty roll off. There was no garbage in the bathroom for the latter.

When she came out of the washroom, she mentioned the changing of the toilet paper roll was kind of obsessive compulsive disorder. I countered uh that's what one does when a roll is empty, they change it. She went on about how she is an artist. This is true she is a good painter, but I disagree with her point.

First of all, having your apartment look utterly disgusting is not an art form, it means you're lazy and lack personal hygiene. If you let your place slip into such disrepair one begs to question your hygienic standards.

As I was leaving, I noticed a mouse by the two garbage bags in the kitchen; I didn't say anything at all.

The experience was definitely enlightening.

I don't like passing that much judgment, but the place really was terrible.

One awkward part of the night, was when she informed me that she read a blog here, about my reference of the prettiest girl ever, that I had dated. I guess she was asking or hinting at if she was prettier than that person. I didn't answer the question and I think that could have been viewed as her answer. The thing is I am not going to lie and I wasn't going to be a dick and laugh and say are you kidding me? Had she asked it again or rephrased the question, she might have got the answer. I wouldn't be politically correct about it either.

Now I am not saying one's place has to be Danny Tanner clean, but at least have your bathroom presentable and you know garbage not overflowing everywhere. Seriously, Oscar the Grouch would have been at home at this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment