Saturday, 9 October 2010

Sabrina

I'm sorry that I could not come say goodbye.

I told Josh, Tracy and Adam about the tragic news, that I received from Stuart.

I never got that chance to see you in Toronto. You always referred to it as the City. You loved that place like no one I've ever known, except for maybe myself.

We were co-workers, but, there was an amazing friendship as well. You had my back all the time and you'll never know, how much I truly appreciated that.

I remember when the hostess touched me one day and I quoted Planet Of The Apes telling I believe her name was Kristen to: "Take your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!" The laughter that it brought the group of us together, minus Kristen was worth it. I remember you always quoting me for that and laughing about it. Kristen was pretty dense.

There was the cigarettes out back, even though I didn't smoke. I kept you company and enjoyed our chats.

Sitting by you because your stalker had come in yet again, I think his name was Phil? Not the alcoholic one though.

Your Elaine dancing always brought a smile on my face.

Then you poked fun of your father and his accent, which always made me laugh as well.

You were upset about the Firkin and called me from Burlington, while I was in Waterloo on the 30th of January 2009.

I will miss you, your smile, sense of humour, warmth and laughter.

Rest in peace my friend.

Love,

James

4 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry about your friend. It's never easy losing someone close to you.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, for you your kind words.

    Yeah death blows.

    How have you been?

    - James

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I guess it's been a while. I've been good though. Thanks for asking. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry Jimmy. That's rough, hope you're doing ok over there.
    Sending good vibes to you.

    ReplyDelete