Wednesday, 26 November 2014

First gear, it's all right Second gear, I'll lean right Third gear, hang on tight Faster, it's all right. (Thanks Brian & Mike)

It was yesterday that I remembered a early pre-teen goal I had. It was a melancholy moment.

My cousins had ATVs. I got to ride on them never, rode them. I might have been 11 or 12 or 13. I remember going to my local motor bike shop.

There I saw the bike I wanted. I went with a parent I believe. They picked me up the Yamaha brochure, and I saw the bike right in front of me. I remember it was $1500.00 dollars. I thought wow it would be so cool having a bike like this and being able to explore in the woods at my cousins and in my area.

All the adventures I could have. If only I had $1500.00. That was a lot of money for a 11 - 13 year old.

I had that brochure in my top desk drawer.

There would be night s where I would just look at the bike, and imagine the possibilities.

I don't know what happened to that dream. Maybe, just one of the forgotten ones, as I had to grow up faster than I wanted to.

There has always been a desire to get a bike.

In part, due to stories of my Grandfather on a military Harley Davidson during the war, driving from Scotland to London, England at night. Also, he had a Harley at home on the ranch. My mother's brothers had bikes as well.

I saw a very interesting bike this year. It might have been on my way to camping or back or maybe I forgot where it was, surely not in my hometown. The bike was a Honda Club Bike 350. It was in orange as well. I thought whoa that's a cool bike. It looks light and retro.

Maybe one day I'll ride a Honda one night. Feeling the summer on my body, and wind blowing my t-shirt. It's important to have goals, all right!

No comments:

Post a Comment