I begrudgingly received orders to pick up some groceries for an individual.
Chicken Asiago, and a specific brand of potato chips associated with a mutual last name.
The store has a lot of foreign products, specific to the United Kingdom and Western European area.
As I browsed the store with my girlfriend, I was fascinated by the queer products. Haggis in a can? Interesting, too bad it contains pork!
I went to the food counter, and mumbled, "Chicken Asiago."
The lady at the counter remarked on my t-shirt. I knew in my mind to reply to her, in the way she remarked, but... I just didn't. I stood there, awkward as hell.
My girlfriend must have been embarrassed as she was not speaking. Maybe, she was observing my behaviour like a researcher.
Time slowly passed.
The individual returned with a smile, and said,"Here you go James." I replied with my thanks. However, a eerie feeling was present throughout my body when she said my name.
I am no Hardy Boy detective, and last time I checked I wasn't clinically crazy, but at no junction was my name mentioned by myself (I don't do third person) or my girlfriend. Furthermore, I have never seen this lady in my entire life. The questions I was asking were: How did they know my name? and, Who are they?
My memory is built on a solid foundation. I remember faces and people from my past. I came up with three scenarios and they are as follows:
(1) The person is someone I never noticed in High School or College.
(2) They were part of an organization I was in from 1998 - 2003.
(3) Future lady.
Now number three is the most insane scenario. Why would they come from the future to give me a Chicken Asiago, and not give me any other knowledge? Perhaps, they don't want to destroy the space time continuum. Also, maybe they wouldn't think they're from the future. When one knows someone's name and you don't know them, it is a mind fuck.
To conclude, this baffles me.
Wednesday, 7 May 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Haggis in a can?!! Oh God NO!
ReplyDelete