Sunday, 13 April 2014

More like Oculushit

Oculus (2013)
Spoilers are ahead...

Where to I begin... 

If this movie's trailer was a shitty Fleetwood Mac song it would be: "Tell Me Lies."

Oculushit uses the unreliable narrator method, and boy does it fail in story telling.

We get a run down of all the people the mirror killed by the female lead. So and so dies and so does this person and Billy and Timmy. But, why should we care? There is no history dealing with the mirror. Besides the people it has killed. No backstory on the demon or supernatural entity that controls it. Just some fucking mirror hangs in your house and comes to life and does crazy shit. 

Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs called they want their story back, thanks. In fact both of the siblings ate an apple in this movie. It is too bad it wasn't laced with poison, so the movie would end there. 

If they couldn't destroy the mirror when they were children I don't understand how all of a sudden it can be destroyed when they were adults. 

Also, if it has the capability to make you hallucinate, and question your sanity than maybe you shouldn't be locking yourself in a house where both your parents died in.

The lead lady killed her fiancee and it was like such a blase moment like, "oh well, it happens everyday." I mean did the guy look like a wiener? Without a doubt, show a little emotion for the guy you just killed. I believe Michael was his name.

Oh you might be thinking, well why don't you look up the names of these characters? Well it isn't a professional review, and it would be time not well wasted. 

Finally, it having the unreliable narrator aspect you really didn't know what scenes were happening or not. 

To conclude, it would be alright to watch if you're incredibly bored and it is a snowy night. But, I would recommend not wasting your money on a mirror that has no back story, or real motive. If you want to watch a movie about a mirror then pop in Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs. The one redeeming aspect of this film was when the end credits rolled. 

2 comments:

  1. yea I'll be waiting for DVD for this one. I had a feeling it would be kind of crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is best to save your money and wait for it on DVD / Netflix.

    ReplyDelete