Maybe it was a week or so ago. I met this rather attractive woman.
Problem was she brought along an entourage.
I was aware of this after the fact. She was waiting on her friends. Then it turned out her one friend forgot their id.
I thought to myself, what have I gotten myself into?
Then I said well look at this as a learning experience and apply your anthropological or journalism lens to it. That will for sure make it less awkward.
They were late to begin with. We met in a city that was half-way between us. St. Catherines.
The fact she was so late pissed me off incredibly. I let the potential get in my way of rational thinking.
Her friends didn't introduce themselves. They weren't drinking either.
She had already got her drink.
The conversation at first was fine. Then it just went nowhere after we got our second drink. I could tell they were tipsy when they brought their beverage back.
Being a smart guy I made sure I took my time and had water when I was drinking my first beer. It was some hockey style microbrewery at this pub downtown St Catherines. It sucked. I didn't finish it. I ordered a cider with this lady and we went back to our seats.
I could have sworn her one friend eye fucked me, she was attractive too.
Then came the best part listening to music from your iPhone 5 in a noisy bar. That was so interesting, cue to sarcasm.
I noticed said lady was drunk she tried to drink my water that was now empty, so I went and got her own from the bar and tipped said bartender. I told her to drink gatorade in the morning as well. Her four friends obviously were oblivious to the signs of intoxication or have become numb to their friend's drinking. Cue to go to the washroom.
When I came upstairs again, the one lady was like we are leaving now. I said cool see ya. Obviously the person I came to meet was totally out of it due to the drinking. When I left the two guys that were with the entourage said bye to me as well. I gave a half ass later to them.
I had just wasted four hours with a lady that clearly couldn't handle her alcohol, let alone showing up by herself on a hang out.
It was only a waste of forty dollars, lesson learned.
Friday, 15 March 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment